Saturday, December 28, 2013

Love Bagels

You turn over my hands,
Handing me a million reasons to
Hand you my affection.
You touch the small of my back,
A tiptoeing rush sent
From your fingertips
All the way up my spine,
Sifting through the subway labyrinth,
Together,
Lost amidst the potpourri of people.

You give me emptied wine glasses stained
With midnight laughter.

You are my Paris,
San Francisco,
Spain,
Italy,
The entire New York cityscape.

I lie next to you,
Watch your sleepy eyes sigh,
The weight of your propelling intellect at rest,
And I lose you to
The muffled roar of
Crashing salt waves,
An infinite tide
From the depths of your belly.

Our love,
Cupped but not contained,
Growing but still new,
Fragile but never broken.

I want to kiss every part of your face
Without you knowing
As you hazily drift in and out,
Back and forth.

You give me the scent of toasted bagels in the morning.

Cream and sugar in my coffee;
You
In equal amount
Offer me comfort and desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment