Monday, January 20, 2014

Funnel Hands

It will take time
            to pack away
the thoughts you breathed into me,
hands cupped around my ear.
I took               your loaded words
straight to my four-chambers.
I let my guard down
            and you in

to my fortress

I swallowed you      entirely
and knew you like the alphabet
In my soup

You held my hands         led me
through your labyrinth mind
and I learned

the way you played
that guitar song
eyes squeezed shut
I felt          your sweet sigh
on my neck
from across the room
I craved it like
the backs of my eyelids

You knew what you were doing
when you left            
with my feeble heart
beneath your jacket
You ran          like raindrops
and smeared my face

I stomped away my own shadow
And vomited         everything
you gave to me

It will take time
to rearrange the word magnets
on my fridge
To say something that
Doesn't remind me of
Butterflies          flying out
Your open throat

No comments:

Post a Comment